Coronavirus news release
In his speech of October 28, 2020, President Macron announced a 4-week national lockdown subject to improvement of the conditions of overburdened health services.
In accordance with the government's latest statements of October 29, Unipex fully continues its ingredients distribution activity:
- For our Benelux and Paris La Défense offices, our employees teleworking remain 100% mobilized to respond to your requests and can be reached by phone and e-mail.
- Our SOA warehouse remains fully operational.
All along this sanitary crisis, Unipex priorities have remained unchanged :
- Offer the best possible protection to our people during the lockdown and after release be it partial through a combination of teleworking when and where ever possible and on site presence witha strict adoption of the safety behaviour such as frequent hand washing, masks and gloves wearing, frequent cleaning of the work station and segregation of working work spaces.
- Keep a close contact with our principals and customers via appropriate communication tools, webinars, infomation exchange, projets development when possibly “dematerialisable” , together with a focus on our customers orders, relevant sourcing with our principals and inventory control ;
- Pay our bills on time and as long as possible protect our people regular income, in order to do so, we have been very steady on collecting our due bills, have been receiving a strong support from the majority of our customers , and also took benefit of the various tools offered by the Government just to make sure Unipex will weather the storm with the needed flexibility.
- We remain present and available at your side to assist you as best we can in the rescheduling of your activities: let's work together on your needs and forecasts as soon as they are established to ensure the availability of the products you will need.
Allow me to end with a deep thank you for your loyalty and trust into Unipex!
And stay safe,
Unipex Leadership team
Information on our processes during the Covid 19 period
In view of the evolution of the health situation related to the COVID-19 epidemic, several points and questions were raised by our partners.
Following the latest information issued by governmental and health entities to date, we wanted to clarify the various elements in order to provide you with the most accurate answers possible.
Please be aware that we remain attentive to the directives of the authorities in order to adapt ourselves as and when new instructions are given.
First of all, concerning the supply of our raw materials: to date, none of our supplies have been impacted by the situation, so there are no major concerns. The international import flows of our raw materials are always ensured in accordance with the requirements and restrictions of the different countries.
Currently, on the Asia-Europe axis: to date, shipping delays are currently greater due to the longer reception times in Europe explained by the Covid 19 period.
The movement of people in France has been regulated in accordance with decree n°2020-1358 of 6 November 2020.
However, in order to anticipate, we continue to question all of our suppliers in order to know their own situation with regard to their supplies. This work takes time, we collect the answers as they are sent to us and you will be informed if necessary.
In addition, we have been receiving some requests from our customers for a few days now:
We fully understand that these are exceptional measures taken in the interests of the health and safety of their employees.
We do our best to comply with these measures as far as possible.
Finally, please be assured that our priority is the health and safety of all, customers, suppliers and employees.
This is why certain internal measures have been taken:
Access to teleworking for all our employees at the Paris la Défense and Brussels sites. They can still be reached on their mobile phone and by e-mail.
We ask our partners to maximise the use of documents and dematerialised exchanges.
Travel ban for our employees in so-called risk areas https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/soins-et-maladies/maladies/maladies-infectieuses/coronavirus/
Quarantine in case of signs
Reinforcement of the cleaning of our open premises
Availabillity of hydroalcoholic gel or gloves for all our employees on site
For all questions - not dealt with - please contact your usual contact person.
Last updated on 14 April 2020